Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Jayda is a Sunbeam and shines for us each day!!!

Our little Jayda Grace is no longer in nursery at church.
She has moved up to Primary and now goes to the Sunbeam class. This means that instead of playing with bubbles and running around with friends, she sits in a class, learns to act reverently, gets lessons about Jesus and Heavenly Father, and interacts with the older kids.


Sunbeams are supposed to be 3 by a certain date and Jayda missed that date by a few weeks so she technically should be in nursery for another year. However, Russ and I asked our bishop to let her advance so she could stay with her good friends and start to learn about the Gospel. Our wishes were granted and it was bittersweet. I was overcome with sadness thinking about my little one growing up so fast. I must admit that Russ and I dropped her off at her class on that first day as a Sunbeam and I cried for about an hour (granted I'm pregnant and hormonally overloaded). She however was thrilled! She loves her teacher, Sister Clark, and has already come home with stories about what shes learned (our body is a temple and Jesus loves her)! She is such a sweet, sweet little girl and Russ and I LOVE that she learns about the gospel and Jesus Christ from other adults while sitting with her peers. There is nothing more special than to hear her talking to her "friends" in her room (ie. Snow White, Peter Pan, and King Arthur) as she tells them about her Sunbeam class and sings "Jesus wants me for a Sunbeam to Shine for Him Each Day!" She is such a gift from our Heavenly Father!!!



Here's Jayda telling her daddy all about her exciting first day as a sunbeam! They're such good buddies! She's one lucky little lady (we both are)!

2 comments:

Ben and Alli said...

That's awesome! I have to say that I have been a bad blogger. I've been reading and not responding. First off, love the pics. Secondly, the easy bake oven thing was too funny. Third, it was so good to see you and your family in California for the funeral. Lastly, I can't believe that you're due one day before my wife. Crazy to think that the two of our kids could share a birthday.

Ben

Stephanie Pilling said...

Margot's sure glad Jayda is in Sunbeams with her!